Friday, November 20, 2015

MODA Sampler Block Shuffle - Week 3

It's Week 3 and I'm getting a nice little stack of blocks.  Three weeks, nine blocks.  I'm enjoying the 6" finished size.  Are you?  I have one of the staff doing them in a 9" finished size.  They are looking good also.  My ol' saying "Quilter's Choice".  I would love to see some in a 3" finished size.  A challenge for someone maybe?  Leave me a comment on the size that you are doing and the staff will pick a random winner for a stack of fat quarters.  Posts need to be done before next Friday.  Links for Blocks 7 through 9 are below.

Remember the "no-waste flying geese method" that I talked about last week?  It's time to start on your borders.  One of the borders will be flying geese, SURPRISE!!  Below is the link for your flying geese border units.  You will need 44 each of these four geese units.  If you work on them as you go, you will be ready in January to put your quilt together. 



I'm going to do mine all scrappy with the same background.  Sometimes "scrappy" isn't for everyone.  Or you don't have enough different backgrounds.  (I know a Quilt Shop were you might find some.)  To make it simple, choose one fabric in a scrappy quilt and make it the same.  Example:  In a scrappy star quilt, make all the star centers the same fabric.  In a log cabin quilt, make the light side all the same fabric.  Sometimes doing this will tie the whole quilt together.  It will still look scrappy but the decision is easier.
     
        Remember "Quilter's Choice".



Block 7

Block 8

Block 9

Flying Geese Border



1 comment:

  1. Ben's mother was very sad that she didn't join us to visit the shop. I told her next time she is up, we are taking here there. She would love you Kennette!! Also, thanks for getting me back to my blog, I'm going to get a post out in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete